Off the Beaten Path to Bergen, The Fjords and Hardangerfjord
When you ask individuals why do you travel? Most may say because of the people, food, location, scenery and attractions. However, some will say to learn more than the standard tourist. It can be argued that travelling is also about taking an element of risk which means venturing off the beaten tourist route. As that way, you get to witness a country from another perspective. That is the perspective of a local.
Here at Ethical Travel Portal we combine all of this by allowing you to see and experience the great areas of Norway away from the common tourist route. No trip to Norway would be complete without visiting either Bergen, Fjords or the mighty Hardangerfjord region. Lucky for you, this trip allows you to experience them all.
Did you know Bergen is Norway’s second-biggest city? Likewise, did you know it is surrounded by magnificent mountains as well as fjords? Bergen and the nearby towns around showcase some gorgeous scenery which you will witness on this journey.
- Enjoy scrumptious Norwegian food
- Explore Bergen like a local
- Relax on a mesmerizingly scenic fjord cruise
- Visit the amazing Bondhus Glacier
- See the beautiful waterfall of Furebergsfossen
Interested? Enquire with us today. Want to know more? Click on the trip plan above for further information!
IncludedOff the Beaten Path to Bergen, The Fjords and HardangerfjordTransportationBed & Breakfast
Not IncludedLocal GuideDinnerLunch
Day 1: Arrival into Bergen and pick your activity
- Go local and meet a Bergenser who will take you on a tour around town. Providing you with information and see Bergen from a local perspective.
- Come meet us at a local coffee place and try a heavenly local brewed coffee. If coffee is not your thing, try a tasty local alternative. During this meeting, we will discuss your upcoming trip, provide recommendations for activities or food places, talk about Norway and anything else you may be interested in (politics, history and so forth).
- Accompany us for a scrumptious dinner at a favourite local restaurant. Here your palette will undergo some tasting of Norwegian heritage food (suitable for all diets). Take pleasure in a lovely dinner with our local expert who will tell you stories, fun facts, answer your questions and have a fantastic time.
Day 2: Explore Bergen like a Bergenser
- Journey through history- Begin from the centre then visit Bergen's hidden secrets, houses, history and customs. This walk will allow a local guide to supply you with stories on Bergen’s history and culture.
- Explore parks and architecture- A walking tour with ease allowing you to visit notable exteriors and city parks. Throughout this tour, you will visit Bergens largest church St Johannes, a botanic garden and Bergen’s largest yet most beautiful park Nygårdsparken. Likewise, you will also see the city’s narrow lined streets, charming traditional Bryggen houses and Nordes park. Throughout this walk, your guide will provide you with stories and local recommendations.
- Hike Mt Sandviken- You will be taken to Mt Sandviken one of Bergen’s seven mountains. You will visit Stoltzekliven a place with a local favourite of around 900 steps built by Nepalese Sherpas. It features the steepest trail in the world and at its top showcases some epic panoramic views.
- Music-related: Join in with local music or visit music locations as well as spots around town. You will be educated about famous Bergen musicians such as the likes of Edvard Grieg and Ole Bull to name a few. Then conclude the night with a local concert or a jam if you wish!
- Viking Heritage: Go back in time on an epic trail of Viking kings and warriors. You will see and hear the development of society, mythology and city construction within the former capital of Norway, Alrekstad or Bjørgvin.
Day 3: A day filled with alluring sights such as Rosendal and Bondhus Glacier
Day 4: Make the most of Os at your leisure
- Hike to Liafjellet- Hike and witness mesmerising views of the fjords,mountains and open sea. In total this will take around 3 hours and is a medium level hike.
- Hike to Borgafjellet- Another hike with stunning views of the fjords, glaciers and mountains. In total this around a 2.5-hour hike,it’s steep and a medium level.
- Cycle or run the Borgyabada route- This is a nice route and a round trip from Solstrand. Whether you choose to run or cycle you will pass the seaside, local residential areas and pass a river. This route is filled with a variety of scenery.
- Spa and wellness centre- Relax and get treatment if you like in the beautiful environment of Solstrand.
- Row or Kayak in the fjord- Solstrand offers two wooden “Oselvar” rowing boats (Norwegian national boat). -This national boat is crafted in Os village.
Day 5: Goodbye for now Os, time for home!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.