Experience The Essence of The Gambia
Go beneath the surface of one of the smallest countries in Africa, explore secluded coastlines, learn how to cook like a local, become inspired by upcycling projects, tour back alleys with natives and go on wildlife watches, peppered with a fine dose of relaxation. This results in you coming out with a true feel of what’s referred to as the Essence of The Gambia.
Visit the tranquil coastal village of Gunjur, where you’ll be acquainted by a local expert. Who will also show you the ropes to the local market and areas within the village? Have an experience different from the standard tourist. Uncover secret recipes from a native, who will teach you how to make a mouthwatering Gambian meal.
Visit Africa’s smallest capital and a busy destination, Banjul. What better way to navigate away from the hectic capital by being led by one of our local guides. Travel up country to Janjanbureh, a vibrant village that is the central point of culture in central river division. Cruise on the Gambia River for 2 hours with a boatman who will take you to spot the spectacular hippos, chimpanzees and the river wildlife the Gambia is renowned for.
A major highlight is becoming acquainted with the magnificent, empowering and inspirational Njau Women’s initiative. Witness the magic they’re doing transforming plastic waste. Furthermore, gain an education about the slave trade in The Gambia and visit the point of no return. Finally, round off your Gambia experience with a day at your leisure by the coast.
- Walk with a local expert through Gunjur village
- Visit a local Gambian beach
- Cook like a local with Mary
- Insight to Banjul by a local expert
- Watch the sunrise over the Gambia River in Bintang Bolang
- Cruise on the Gambia River wildlife spotting
- Village walk with a local expert in JanJanbureh
- Visit Kankurang Center
- Meet the inspirational Njau Women and learn about their Initiative
- Learn about the slave trade in the Gambia
Interested? Enquire with us today. Want to know more? Click on the trip plan above for further information!
IncludedExperience The Essence of The GambiaLocal GuideTransportationDinnerLunchBed & Breakfast
Day 1: Welcome to The Gambia!
- Airport transfer
Day 2: Explore like a local
- Walk with a local in Gunjur
Day 3: Spend the day at your leisure in local surroundings
Day 4: Cook with a Gambian native
- Cook with a Gambian local
Day 5: Be amazed in Banjul
- Walk with a local around Banjul
Day 6: Venture upriver
- 2-hour boat journey on the river
Day 7: Immerse yourself in the history of Janjanbureh and meet the Njau women
- Walk with a local expert in Janjanbureh
- Meet Njau women
- Visit the Kankurang centre
Day 8: Step back in time and learn about the slave trade
- Local guide
Day 9: Day at your leisure
Day 10: Goodbye!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.